Payment History is a record of every payment or non-payment for past extensions of credits you received. Approximately 35% of a FICO® Score is based on this information, and includes payment information on many types of accounts:
- Credit cards – such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Retail accounts – credit from stores where you do business, such as department store credit cards.
- Installment loans – loans where you make regular payment amounts, such as car loans and mortgage loans.
- Finance company accounts.
- Public record and collection items – reports of events such as bankruptcies, foreclosures, lawsuits, wage attachments, liens and judgments.
- Details on late or missed payments (“delinquencies”) and public record and collection items.
- The number of accounts that show no late payments or are currently paid as agreed.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Free tips on how to improve your credit and save for the future.