Payment History is a record of every payment or non-payment for past extensions of credits you received. Approximately 35% of a FICO® Score is based on this information, and includes payment information on many types of accounts:
- Credit cards – such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Retail accounts – credit from stores where you do business, such as department store credit cards.
- Installment loans – loans where you make regular payment amounts, such as car loans and mortgage loans.
- Finance company accounts.
- Public record and collection items – reports of events such as bankruptcies, foreclosures, lawsuits, wage attachments, liens and judgments.
- Details on late or missed payments (“delinquencies”) and public record and collection items.
- The number of accounts that show no late payments or are currently paid as agreed.