1. How long will it take to apply for and open my Credit Strong account?
You should be able to complete the application process and open your account in less than 5 minutes.
If for some reason you aren’t able to complete opening your account, you can always pick up where you left off in the application process later by simply coming back to https://apply.creditstrong.com and logging in. You will automatically be taken to the step in the process where you previously left off and can complete your application. *
2. What is required to open a Credit Strong account?
The following requirements are needed to open a Credit Strong account
- You must be at least 18 years old and a permanent U.S. resident with a physical U.S. residence (address)
- A valid social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
- A checking account, debit card, or prepaid card in good standing
- A mobile phone number, Google Voice account
- An email address
3. How do you determine if I’m eligible for a Credit Strong account?
We use a database of past bank account behavior to determine your eligibility for the Credit Strong account. We do not use your consumer credit score from any of the three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion).
4. What is the minimum income required to open a Credit Strong account?
There is no income requirement to open a Credit Strong account.
5. Will I be denied if I have no credit score or a low credit score on my consumer credit report?
No. We do not make our decision based on consumer credit scores provided by any of the three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion).
You may be denied if we cannot adequately verify your identity, your administrative fee fails, or your past banking behavior does not meet our product underwriting guidelines. Please see FAQ #3 How do you determine if I’m eligible for a Credit Strong account?
6. If I apply and I am denied, will it hurt my credit score?
No. We do not perform a credit check so applying and being denied for a Credit Strong account will not harm your credit score.
7. What happens if I didn’t get your verification code?
Please make sure your device is set up to receive SMS alerts. If you receive a failure message or do not receive any message, there may be an issue with your cell phone carrier. We recommend you contact your cell phone carrier and follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Contact your cell phone provider and ask to speak to a support agent
- Identify yourself using your account information
- Inform the representative that short code messages are blocked from your device and you would like to allow this action.
- Please allow at least 5-10 additional minutes for your device to recognize the change. Restarting your device is recommended
- Try resending another code. Your code should be delivered to your mobile device shortly.
- If this does not work, please contact Credit Strong via online chat, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 833-850-0850.
8. Why was I denied for a Credit Strong account?
If you apply for a Credit Strong account and are denied, you will receive an ‘Adverse Action Notice’ describing the reason(s) why your application was denied. If you believe there is an error that caused you to be denied, contact information is included in the Adverse Action Notice for you to resolve the error.
9. Can I reapply if I was denied for a Credit Strong account?
Depending on the reason for denial, this answer may vary. For more information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
10. If I was denied, how long do I need to wait before I can reapply for a Credit Strong account?
Before you reapply, we highly recommend that you review your Adverse Action Notice and resolve the reason you were denied before reapplying.
If you were denied for a Credit Strong account you can reapply after within 180 days or less if we get that information in the report.
11. I started my Credit Strong application but didn’t finish opening my account. How long do I have to finish the account opening process?
If you started the account opening process, but didn’t complete it, you have 30 days to complete the process from the day you started. You may pick up where you left off by simply logging in at https://apply.creditstrong.com/
*If the application is abandoned after 30 days, user’s information will not deleted from the system, therefore the user can come back at any time and reapply, as long as we didn’t deny the loan due to other factors.
To learn more about building strong credit, join our newsletter.
Credit Strong Customer Support: 833-850-0850
Credit Strong is NOT a credit repair service and does not remove negative credit history from your credit profile. Disclaimer: Credit profile improvement is not guaranteed. Changes in your credit score reflect individually specific financial behavior and history. Failure to make minimum required loan payments on-time may result in your loan payment(s) being reported as delinquent to credit bureaus which may negatively impact your credit profile.
Testimonial Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. Unique experiences and past performance for individuals do not guarantee future results for other individuals. Testimonials may not be representative of all individuals and certain individuals may have inferior results than indicated in testimonials.
Credit Strong® is a registered trademark of Austin Capital Bank SSB. FICO® is a registered Trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation. Austin Capital Bank SSB. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. © 2019 Austin Capital Bank SSB. All Rights Reserved.